Catherine Ou is a Canadian lawyer practicing law in Montreal in English, French and Mandarin with persistent enthusiasm to help individuals and companies of different jurisdictions to achieve their goals.
Catherine Ou strives to provide 5 Es professional service – Efficient, Effective, Electronic, Evenhanded and Enthusiastic.
Catherine Ou also likes playing the piano, singing, dancing and swimming.
Member, Barreau du Québec
Confidential clients: Advised a few IT professionals and Financial professionals of a Fortune 500 Company on Canadian immigration matters;
Confidential client: Advised a U.S.-based International Commercial Landscape Services company on Canadian immigration matters;
Confidential clients: Worked on a few Coronavirus (COVID-19) Related Mandates;
China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission: Arbitrator of the 18th CIETAC Cup Commercial Arbitration Moot Competition;
Confidential Client: Worked on a restaurant owner’s commercial lease dispute;
Confidential Client: Advised on Discrimination related issues according to the Canadian Charter and Quebec Charter;
Co-Founder, Montreal Chinese Legal Information Clinic
Researcher, ADR Institute of Canada, Updating the Table of Concordance of Arbitration Acts for the National Introductory Arbitration Course
Member and Volunteer, Young Bar of Montreal
Member, Young Chinese Professional Association
Regular articles published on LinkedIn profile, April 2020 to present
Excellence Scholarship for Graduate Studies, McGill Law Faculty
2nd Prize, Philip C. Jessup International Moot Court Competition, Beijing
1st Prize, The Fourth National Legal English Writing Contest, Beijing
1st Prize, The Third National Legal English Speech Contest, Beijing
1st Prize, Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Universities Debating Championship
Education and Year of Call
Called to the Quebec Bar – 2020
Université de Montréal, Equivalency Program in Law – 2018
McGill University, LL.M – 2014
Shantou University, B.C.L. – 2012
Related Practices and Industries
- Arbitration (domestic and international);
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Related Mandates;
- Immigration and Human Rights;
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy;
- Canada – China
In-person and Virtual
Negotiation and Mediation
- Negotiation: Entering into a deal? Striving to settle a dispute to avoid further expense and damage to relationships? I am here to help you succeed and save money!
- Mediation: Trying to think outside the box to find creative resolution? Looking for an inspiring mediator to facilitate negotiations? I am glad to advise you through the mediation process.
In-person and Virtual
Arbitration and Litigation
- Arbitration: Looking for an efficient, electronic, effective and enthusiastic arbitration counsel or tribunal secretary or an evenhanded arbitrator? I am glad to advise you through the arbitration process.
- Litigation: Determined to fight for your rights and for justice in the courts and the tribunals? I will fight, stand, defend and protect you!